Scroll Back to Top Button

Students studying abroad, whether with faculty-led programs, through provider companies, or on direct exchanges, have several potential options for financial support. Click on the links below for access to applications or further information.

Some scholarships will not disburse during the summer terms. Make sure to check with the Office of Financial Aid (662-325-7427) to determine the guidelines for any scholarships or aid you are currently receiving.






CMLL Summer Travel Assistance Awards

CMLL majors participating in a CMLL-led summer program

 March 10th Application
Hunter Family Undergraduate Excellence Fund

Undergraduate students in the College of Arts & Sciences

 April 1st (summer and fall travel) / November 1st (spring travel) Application information
Shackouls Honors College Scholarship

Undergraduate students in the Shackouls Honors College

June 1stApplication
Institute of International Education

Any student

See websiteWebsite
Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship Project

Any student receiving a Federal Pell Grant

See websiteApplication information
Fund for Education Abroad

Students who are US citizens or permanent residents

See websiteWebsite
Fund for Education Abroad- Rainbow Scholarship

Any LGBTQI student who is a US citizen or permanent resident

See websiteWebsite
Golden Key Study Abroad Scholarship

Any member of Golden Key International

See websiteWebsite
Phi Kapa Phi Study Abroad Grant

Students with a GPA of at least 3.75

See websiteWebsite
Association of Teachers of Japanese Bridging Project

Any US citizen participating in a program in Japan

See websiteWebsite
DAAD Undergraduate Scholarship

Undergraduate students studying in Germany or at a German University

See websiteWebsite

Any US citizen or permanent resident participating in a program in East or Southeast Asia

See websiteWebsite
Walter Jensen Scholarship for Study Abroad

Any US citizen, not a native speaker of French, participating in a semester- or year-long program in a francophone country

See websiteWebsite


Provider Companies

Study abroad provider companies often offer scholarships for participating students. See the website of the company you are participating with for scholarship opportunities.


Prestigious Scholarships

Mississippi State Unviersity also provides support for students seeking prestigious scholarships connected to study or research abroad, such as the Fulbright, Boren, or Goldwater Scholarships. These awards are highly competitive national awards and require planning well in advance. Interested students should speak with their academic advisor and visit the webpage of the Office of Prestigious External Scholarships for further information.