Associate Professor & Graduate Coordinator
1002 Lee Hall
- Ph.D. in Department of Curriculum, Instruction, and Special Education at Mississippi State University
- M.S. in World Language Education, The University of Tennessee at Knoxville
- M.A. in Spanish, The University of Tennessee at Knoxville
- B.A. in Spanish, The University of Tennessee at Knoxville
Joined CMLL in: 2018 office Hours: Friday 10:00am- 2:00pm
office Hours: Friday 10:00am- 2:00pm
- World language teacher development
- Teacher cognition and practice
- World language teacher shortage
- Rural world language teacher preparation
- Language Pedagogy
- Spanish Language and Cultures
- Moser, K., & Wei, T. (2021). COVID-19 and the pre-existing language teacher supply crisis. Language Teaching Research, 0(0). https://doi.org/10.1177/13621688211040297.
- Moser, K.M., Wei, T., & Brenner, D. (2021). Remote Teaching During COVID-19: Implications from a National Survey of Language Educators. System, 97. Rate of acceptance: 10%; Q1 Journal for Linguistics and Language; Education according to SCIMAGO
- Moser, K., Chambless, K., & Miller, N. (2020). Creating a virtual space in world language teacher preparation? Considerations for practice-based rehearsals. Journal of Technology and Teacher Education, 28(4), 613-638. Rate of acceptance: 15%; Q1 Journal for Education according to SCIMAGO
- Javorsky, K.H., & Moser, K.M. (2020). The impact of exploratory French instruction on child and family attitudes and aptitudes for learning world languages in preschool. Early Childhood Education Journal. Doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/s10643-020-01084-y
- Moser, K., Davis-Wiley, P., García, P., & Hernández. T. (2019). A survey of world language cooperating teachers: Implications for teacher development. Foreign Language Annals, 52(4), 873-890. Impact factor: 0.802; Rate of acceptance: 20%; Q1 Journal for Linguistics and Language according to SCIMAGO
- García, P., Moser, K.M., & Davis-Wiley, P. (2019). Facing Reality: A survey on methods instructors’ perspectives on world language teacher development. Foreign Language Annals 52, 1-19. Impact factor: 0.802; Rate of acceptance: 20%; Q1 Journal for Linguistics and Language according to SCIMAGO
- Moser, K., Ivy, J., Hopper, P. (2019, 2020). Rethinking content teaching at the middle level: An interdisciplinary approach. Middle School Journal, 50(2), 17-27. Reprinted in Integrative and interdisciplinary curriculum in the middle school: Integrated approaches in teacher preparation and practice. Routledge Press.
- Fogle, L. & Moser, K. (2017). Language teacher identities in the southern United States: Transforming rural schools. Journal of Language, Identity, and Education. Doi: 10.1080/15348458.2016.1277147 Impact factor: 0.511; Rate of acceptance 15% [cited by 2]; Q1 Journal for Linguistics and Language according to SCIMAGO
- Moser, K. (2014). From praxis to program development. Foreign Language Annals, 47(1),134-146. Impact factor: 0.802; Rate of acceptance 20% [cited by 7] Q1 Journal for Linguistics and Language according to SCIMAGO
- America’s Languages Fellows. Academy of Arts and Sciences. 2020
- Southern Conference on Language Teaching (SCOLT) 2020 Educator of Excellence. Awarded at SCOLT. Mobile, AL.
- Mississippi Educator of Excellence in 2019. Awarded at the Mississippi Foreign Language Association Conference. Starkville, MS.
- “Best of Mississippi” for 2018 Mississippi Foreign Language Association Annual Conference. Reaching 90%: Strategies for Teaching in the Target Language. Hattiesburg, MS. October 12, 2018.
- Governor’s Emergency Education Response (GEER)/CARES Act. “MSU Support for Online Language Teaching,” US Department of Education. Award $104,683.
- Ottillie Schillig Special Teaching Projects: “Studio for Integrating Technology for Teacher Effectiveness (SITE).” Award $3000.
- Office of Research and Economic Development Cross-College Grant: “Language teacher identities and ideologies: Addressing needs in Mississippi.” Award $3000.