20th and 21st century French and Francophone literature, social and ecological justice, Maghrebi literature, Harki literature, globalization, ecocriticism, environmental philosophy, ecolinguistics, biosemiotics, immigration, neoliberalism, poverty, diaspora studies, the interdisciplinary intersections between literature and science, the philosophy of science, the philosophy of imagination, media studies, consumerism, material culture, advertising, representations of the Holocaust, historiography, and popular culture.
Since his arrival at MSU in 2007, he has compiled an impressive list of more than 100 major publications including eight full-length book projects and seventy-nine articles in refereed periodicals in addition to book chapters, interviews, and translations. Moser’s research examines many issues linked to social-ecological justice. His research focuses on Environmental Ethics (Environmental Philosophy, Philosophy of Science, Ecocriticism, Ecolinguistics, and Biosemiotics) and postmodern French thought as it relates to literature, Popular Culture, and society in general. Specifically, he is widely considered to be an eminent expert of J.M.G. Le Clézio’s fiction and Michel Serres’s philosophy.
Seminars such as: French Environmental Discourse, Representations of Consumerism in French & Francophone Literature, The Human Condition, Literary and Cinematic Representations of the Holocaust, Introduction to Ecolinguistics, Introduction to Biosemiotics, and more.
- 2010 Humanities Teacher of the Year Award (Mississippi Humanities Council)
- 2015 College of Arts & Sciences Research Award for the Humanities.
- 2019 College of Arts & Sciences Faculty Research Award, Mississippi State University
- 2023 Marquis Who’s Who in America
- Contemporary French Environmental Thought in the Post-COVID-19 Era (2022)
- Imagination and Art: Explorations in Contemporary Theory (2020)
- The Metaphor of the Monster: Interdisciplinary Approaches to Understanding the Monstrous Other in Literature (2020)
- The Encyclopedic Philosophy of Michel Serres: Writing the Modern World and Anticipating the Future (2016)
- A Practical Guide to French Harki Literature (2014)
- J.M.G. Le Clézio: A Concerned Citizen of the Global Village (2012)
- “Privileged Moments” in the Novels and Short Stories of J.M.G. Le Clézio: His Contemporary Development of a Traditional French Literary Device (2008)